Chapter 4: Access, Quality & Cost
- Describe the importance and role of Population Health Management and strategies to improve health outcomes.
- Explore national strategies to increase insurance coverage rates and improve access to healthcare.
- Define the six domains of healthcare quality.
- Summarize the most widely used quality improvement methodologies in healthcare and examples of programs designed to evaluate quality.
- Compare healthcare spending in the United States with other high-income countries.
- Outline several national trends affecting the cost of health care and related impacts.
4.1 Basic Concepts
4.2 Access to Care
4.3 Quality of Care
4.4 Cost of Care
4.5 Chapter Summary
4.6 References & Attributions